1. Food has peculiar smell before it enters the cold storage. This is because the food before entering the cold storage has been spoilage phenomenon.
2. Cold storage of fish, shrimp, crabs and other aquatic products is not cleaned in place after cleaning, resulting in microbial reproduction and peculiar smell.
3. The air flow in the cold storage is not smooth or the temperature and humidity is too high, resulting in the multiplication of mold and mildew smell.
4. Cold storage temperature can not meet the requirements, resulting in food deterioration, this situation occurs in fresh meat is not completely frozen on storage.
5. Food with different smells is stored in a cold storage, resulting in peculiar smell of food.